United Slates-India Educational Foundation (USIEF) invites applications for Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships from Indian citizens residing in India, including students, college/university (acuity, researchers, school teachers, policy planners, administrators, and professionals.
Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships are designed for outstanding Indians to pursue a master’s degree program at selected U.S. colleges and universities in the areas of Arts and Culture Management including Heritage Conservation and Museum Studies; Environmental Science/Studies; Higher Education Administration; Public Health; Urban and Regional Planning; and Women’s Studies/Gender Studies.
The fellowships are for one to two years.
J-1 visa support;
Round-trip economy class air travel from fellow’s home city to the host institution in the U.S.;
Funding for tuition and fees,* living and related costs; and
Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges per U.S. Government guidelines.
* USIEF funding may not cover all costs and the scholar may need to supplement grant benefits with other resources.
The applicant should:
- be a responsible Indian citizen who can contribute to a full and fair picture of the culture and civilization of India, and thereby help to promote understanding and friendship between the peoples of the United States of America and India;
- have a high level of academic/professional achievement;
- demonstrate proficiency in the English language to undertake the proposed project/program and adjust to life in the US. The applicant may be required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL);
- be present in India at the time of submitting the application and interview, if required. If you will be abroad, please keep us informed.
- be eligible for leave, if employed;
- be in good health;
- not be residing in the United States;
- not be applying for or holding permanent residence (green card) in the United States;
- preference will be given to candidates who have not had extensive recent US experience; and
- should give an undertaking to return to India on the completion of the fellowship.
In addition to the General Prerequisites, the applicants should:
- have completed an equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a recognized Indian university with at least 55% marks. Applicants should either possess a four-year bachelor’s degree or a completed master’s degree, if the bachelor’s degree is of less than four years’ duration;
- have at least three years’ full-time (paid or voluntary) professional work experience relevant to their proposed field of study;
- demonstrate experience in leadership and community service;
- should not have another degree from a U.S. university or be enrolled in a U.S. degree program.
Application deadline: 01-07-2013